Sunday, January 18, 2009

Finally got the internet back

Pakistan looses power for several hours at a time. Consequently, the computer is unavailable for these periods and to add insult to injury the connecting box burnt out at the house due to the power surges. The option of accessing a Internet Cafe is also not available. So in case anyone thought that I may have gotten lost in the Himalayns, no such luck.

We have been constantly on the move, preparing and conducting a two day workshop for the Primary Grade Teachers. I have to say that I am so proud of successful it was. Initially, the teachers began with us with a mixture of 'Who are these people' and 'What do they want'. I am so happy and pleased to report that by the time we left them after two days , they had had so much fun and had gained trust and an open mind to continue on learning different ways of teaching.

There is so much to be done. The goals are enormous, I wish I had more time here to help achieve them. I do have some ideas that the Waldorf Community can help this project.

I would be more that happy to speak to anyone who may want to get involved.

Well it is 6a.m. here and I think I will try and get some sleep.

Thanks again for visiting, and I do promise that I will get some pictures up. I also very much appreciate your comments, they have been so supportive, thank you.

Take care

love

Deborah

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear how we can help. I hope you are planning a second trip!Have you been able to talk to students, do they speak English much or do you need to know Urdu? My kids refer to Pakistan in their imaginative play now!!!
    Love to Nazli's family.

    ReplyDelete